Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moonboard Review

I've had the Moonboard fingerboard for over two years. I think it's one of the best investments I've ever made into rock climbing training equipment. Having this beauty around enables you to keep up your finger strength even when you are too busy to hit the rocks or gym.

I have come across quite a few different finger boards, but they just don't quite compare to this one. Though I cannot really recommend the Moonboard for a total climbing novice as it could be a tad too hard. But for the more adept climber this is the thing you want. The smallest grooves are a real fingerkiller!

Moonboard holds


The easiest holds are in the ends on the top. Those should not be a problem for most people and they are great for pure strength training with extra weights. Below those you will find the second easiest holds that I find I am not using that much. They could be good for the beginner climber to get finger strength and stamina.

Next come the holds bit to the center. Those I use for doing long hangs with extra weights. The next holds are on the bottom in the ends. They are good for finger tip strength training and training for the smallest holds. The smallest holds are again in the middle. They are pure evil.

There is also a one finger hole in the center, so you can do one finger pull ups... err, I mean train for them. Also top center of the Moonboard is one big sloper, which is good training for sloper holds.


You can get your own Moonboard from: http://www.moonclimbing.com



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing on this valuable climbing tips with us for sure the idea you share is working best for me.

    climbing tips

    ReplyDelete